Are you familiar with eco-friendly? You've probably heard it mentioned in the media, even by famous influencers. Lately, eco-friendly and sustainable have become fashionable. However, you have to be careful because like all fads, after the trend, it may not be taken very seriously.
However, being eco-friendly does not mean being cooler, it is a committed and respectful way of acting. In this article we tell you all about being ecofriendly.
What is being eco-friendly?
It means acting responsibly towards our environment and promoting a healthier lifestyle for all people. These aspects are closely related, because good health also depends on the environment in which we live, such as air quality, clean water and less polluting chemicals.
Respecting the environment is an idea that encompasses caring for biodiversity, reducing waste, reducing emissions, as well as promoting environmental cleanliness. On the other hand, when we talk about healthy living, it is about taking care of well-being and health, seeking to live in environments that are healthy, where the air we breathe is of good quality, the water is purified and the food is healthy.
Today, thousands of people in highly developed cities are promoting environmental protection, thanks to the initiative they have taken. However, getting individuals to take respect seriously is difficult, but it is certain that as the years go by, people will change their negative habits and look for more sustainable options.
What does it take to be eco-friendly?
Being eco-friendly means having to change habits that are not environmentally friendly, for habits that show your effort and respect. Moreover, it not only requires more sustainable actions, but also an important reflection because, starting this kind of life also requires reusing things instead of replacing them. In other words, trying to give things a second life.
The change of mentality allows you to do more than just recycle without it costing you as much to do so. It is important to recognise that the real eco-friendly action is not just about caring for the environment, the impact is about being aware of what you should and should not throw away.
In order for you to begin this change, it is important that you keep the following in mind:
- Do not use packaging that you only use once.
- Use biodegradable products.
- Recycle in an affective way.
- Try to generate little waste when reusing, repairing and reducing.
- Use services and products that are certified to be truly environmentally friendly.
- Consider renewable energy.
- Reduce the use of electricity and water.
- Use a responsible means of transport.
From the moment you apply these habits in your life, the transition will be much easier, little by little you will get used to it and you will no longer have to think so much about how to do it, but your actions will be automatic.
Eco Friendly products for your everyday life
Eco-friendly products are made with environmentally friendly materials, which is very important for people who want to protect our planet and choose a much more sustainable life. We suggest the following:
Handmade soaps and shampoos
Generally containing natural glycerine, this type of product made from natural materials helps to improve the hydration of your skin. It is also environmentally friendly as it does not have a plastic container.
With this bag you will have the possibility to trap synthetic fibres that your garments release when you wash them. This is the best option to prevent the fibre from going into the sea and contributing to pollution.
100% Organic cotton socks
They are more ecological and sustainable, as well as being ideal because they do not cause skin irritation, as there are no synthetic chemicals in their production. They are very soft, respectful of your skin and the planet.
One of the best alternatives are sustainable flip-flops, produced from recycled materials. One of the best options to start an eco-friendly life.
Sustainable fashion also includes accessories made from natural materials. In addition tousing recycled flip-flops, you can use handmade glasses made from recycled materials.
Vegan and ecological slippers
Currently there are several models of vegan shoes, which in addition to not contributing to pollution, are the best alternative to take care of the environment.
Now that you know what kind of environmentally friendly products, it is important that you consider that your lifestyle should focus on acquiring increasingly ecological habits and products, being aware of how important it is to take care of our environment. But do not get overwhelmed, step by step. Better a few habits constantly in your day and go little by little than not all at once and the next month nothing.
Which eco friendly products can I choose?
Using sustainable and environmentally friendly products offers great benefits. So we provide you with a list of essential products that are within your reach.
- Reusable bottles made of materials such as stainless steel, glass or polypropylene.
- Waxed paper is the substitute for aluminum foil. Use this better option to wrap your food.
- Wooden toothbrush.
- Soaps, deodorant and shampoo.
- Glass jars and tuppers, instead of using plastic ones.
5 Actions to be more eco-friendly in your daily life
We could not miss small habits that we recommend you to start from now. Do you want to be eco friendly and do not know how to start? Here are the aspects of your life you can change to get off to a good start on your journey.
- Reduce plastic purchases: replace plastic bags with organic cotton bags and buy your food in bulk and not packaged.
- Buy local products: not only will you reduce the amount of polluting emissions, but you also support farmers in your area.
- Think twice if you need a product before buying it: consuming just what you need is one of the main goals of this lifestyle. If you want to buy a product, you can wait a few days and keep thinking if you really need it. If you change your mind in a few days it is likely that you did not need it.
- Try to generate as little waste as possible: Spaniards cause around 442 kilos of waste per year, according to EAE Business School. Quite a high number, so it is time for you to be aware of the pollution you produce.
What are the benefits of being eco friendly?
Opening yourself to the possibility of applying this lifestyle not only has multiple benefits for you, but also for the environment. Here are some of the benefits:
- You will have a healthier lifestyle free of chemicals that can harm your health. In addition, thanks to the physical activity you will get from riding your bike, your energy during the day will be much higher.
- Most people tend to think that sustainable and environmentally friendly products are more expensive. But they are made with higher quality materials and that is why they have more durability. It is important to see it as an investment, as they will last longer. We recommend that you look at the ingredients or materials and stay away from greenwashing companies.
- The fact that you are contributing to the care of the planet and its conservation, you will be an inspiration to many of your friends and family, so you will feel very good about yourself for having this initiative,
- Thanks to your initiative, many people will also join this lifestyle, even companies will also recognise the importance of the conservation of the planet and the impact of making products that are not environmentally friendly.
Now that you know some of the benefits of an eco-friendly lifestyle. It is important to highlight that it is necessary to implement habits that do not harm your environment, as well as to consider all the products you consume in your day-to-day life from the moment you wake up and see how you can choose a better alternative.
Eco-friendly, as well as being a movement that respects the environment, raises awareness and guarantees a better quality of life, promoting sustainable, ecological and biodegradable products. You will even feel much more fulfilled by feeling that you are making a significant contribution to the planet.
It's time to be aware that products made from petroleum pollute the land and sea, leaving thousands of waste products annually, in addition to toxic chemicals that are not produced from organic materials.
Being eco-friendly offers you many benefits that you should use to your advantage, bearing in mind that the main objective is to contribute to the care and protection of your environment.
Leave a comment